Since Bisquick isn’t the most healthful stuff in the world, I hadn’t had it in about ten years, but got in the mood to make some waffles. That reminded me of the delicious coffee cake we used to make. The recipe is no longer on the back of the box, so I found it online, cut it in half, and added my own twist.
Makes 3 servings
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup Bisquick
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a pyrex dish, about 30 square inches.
- Mix dough ingredients and put in baking dish.
- Mix topping ingredients with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping mix over dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned.