NOTE: There is enough batter for 2 okonomiyakis. In the insta story, I cooked one noodle and okonomiyaki at a time once I started frying half the batter.
2 Mama Ramen (pork flavor)
3 eggs (1 for batter, 1 to top each okonomiyaki)
3/4 cup water
1 cup flour
1/4 head of shredded cabbage
1 julienne carrot (1/4 cup)
1 julienne yellow squash
3 chopped stalks of green onions
5 oz chopped/crumbled veggie chorizo sausage
1. Mix water and 1 egg
2. Add flour and powdered flavor packet to the egg mixture. Stir until just incorporated
3. Mix in cabbage, green onions (save 2 TBS for garnish), carrot, squash, and veggie meat.
*Note: I cooked one okonomiyaki at at time.
4. Oil pan and fry half the batter covered for 4 mins. Flip and cook uncovered for 4 mins
5. Cook noodles until al dente. Drain. Stir fry noodles with some oil, splash of sake, 3 TBS of okonomiyaki sauce, and package of ramen oil.
6. Place a fried egg on top of the noodles
7. Place cooked okonomiyaki on the egg and noodles.
8. Add topping: okonomiyaki sauce, kewpie mayo, bonito flakes, crunchy ramen crumbs, and green onions
9. Use two spatulas to lift from the pan to the plate. I tried sliding it onto my plate and my noodles all squished to one side.